Home Improvement Loan
You wouldn’t move for anything in the world. You love your home. You love your neighborhood. Everything is perfect - except that the bathroom and kitchen are showing their age, or maybe the roof needs replacement. If you’re a current CalVet Loan Holder, you probably qualify for a CalVet Home Improvement Loan at our current competitive interest rates.
Modernize, or add other improvements to your home with a CalVet Home Improvement Loan, and you’ll take advantage of these great benefits:
- Current low CalVet interest rates.
- Continuation of full home insurances.
- Loan maximum $150,000
- Up to 90% loan-to-value on "improved" value
- No appraisal required in most cases
- No title or escrow fees (except for homes without a current CalVet Loan)
- Loan terms to meet your needs, up to 25 years
An improvement loan may be used on houses, condominiums, farms (for improvements to the main dwelling only), and mobile or manufactured homes located on land owned by the loan holder. Improvement loans may be used for real property improvements, such as:
- Improve the basic livability of your home or property
- Increase energy efficiency
- Perform general maintenance, like painting, re-roofing, and general repairs
- Add living space
- Renovate baths, kitchens, electrical systems, etc.
- Install or update heating or air conditioning systems
- Install insulation, weather stripping or thermal windows
- Add a garage, fence, landscaping, flatwork, retaining walls, wells, septic systems, etc.
- Connect to public utilities with water, sewer, or electrical lines from the property line to the dwelling
Currently, You cannot use a CalVet Home Improvement loan to add improvements for recreational or entertainment purposes such as swimming pools, saunas, hot tubs, pool houses, cabanas, or tennis courts. Nor can you use it to improve farm property for the purpose of increasing agricultural productivity. Improvement loan funds cannot be used to pay title insurance, escrow, appraisals, or any other fees associated with transferring title to CalVet (non current CalVet contact holders).
Loan Maximums and Terms
The maximum loan amount is $150,000.00. The loan term varies based on the loan amount, with a maximum term of 25 years. The minimum loan amount is $5,000.00. Don't delay! Contact us at 1-800-952-LOAN for information.
Why Get a CalVet Home Improvement Loan?
Where else can you get a home improvement loan at the current low CalVet interest rates, and with no title insurance or escrow fees required and the paperwork and costs are so much less than with a conventional lender. CalVet Home Improvement loans offer the same money-saving benefits as that of our regular home loan, and your family’s investment will be safe and sound with the disaster protection plan (flood and earthquake), fire & hazard insurance and applicable life insurance. Even if your current basic CalVet loan pays off, you continue these valuable protection programs with your home improvement loan.
- A good payment record on the basic CalVet loan is a requirement for the approval of a Home Improvement Loan. In addition, overall credit must be satisfactory.
- The combined total of the CalVet Home Loan balance, the home improvement loan, and the balance on any secondary financing can not exceed 90% of the enhanced market value of the subject property as determined by the Department. If you have junior lien holders (existing secondary loans), the Department requires written approval from the junior lien holder(s) before Home Improvement Loan approval.
- Fire insurance coverage will be increased in accordance with the improvements made up to the current “replacement cost new” for your home.
- There is a low, non-refundable application fee of $25. There is also a loan origination fee of one and one-half percent (1.5%) of the loan amount, due at loan approval.
- Improvement loan funds shall not be used to refinance existing debts or finance costs incurred for repair/improvement work in progress or previously completed. You must apply before starting any work.
For more information, review our Home Improvement Loan Application or contact our office by calling 800.952.LOAN or by e-mail at: email@example.com