Applying for Admission
Applying for Admission
Before applying for admission you must complete the following steps:
- Select the home (below) that you want to apply to.
- Download the appropriate Veterans Home of California Application packet. If you experience any difficulty, you may contact the home to have the application mailed to you.
- For assistance in completing the forms in the admissions packet please contact the admissions office at the home you are applying to. If you need assistance in obtaining a copy of your DD214 please visit your local county veterans' service office (listed in your telephone book under "County Government Offices").
- The new veterans homes in West Los Angeles, Fresno and Redding are not yet accepting applications, but you may register your interest by downloading, filling out and mailing an "Intent to Apply" form for these homes. See instructions below.
- Carefully review all information included in the application.
- Complete and sign the following forms:
- Application (Form A)
- Authorization for Use/Disclosure of Medical Information (Form B)
- Both the Alcohol and Drug screening forms (Forms C & D)
- Declarations (Form E)
- Please answer all questions on the forms. Failure to provide required information may result in delay or denial of admission. Use the comments section if necessary.
- Have someone who knows you personally, such as a family member, friend, veteran's service officer or social worker, complete the Social Functioning Assessment labeled (Form F).
- Have a physician complete the Physician's Medical Certificate (Form G); Note: You may be required to have a pre-screening interview with a member of the medical staff of the home.
- Mail the completed application package directly to the home you have selected at the address below.
The Application Process
Applications will be prioritized for admission based upon the date they are received as complete and in compliance with Military and Veterans Code criteria. After receiving an application we take the following actions:
- Determine that the application package is complete. You will be contacted if it is incomplete. Please contact the admissions office if you need assistance in completing the forms.
- Review medical evidence to determine the actual level of care to which you should be admitted and to determine if the home is able to provide needed care.
- Verify military service records (DD 214) and conduct a criminal records check as required.
- Verify participation in a qualified health service plan that provides access to preventive, acute and long-term health care services.