Tuition Fee Waiver for Dependents of Service-Connected Disabled Veterans
The College Tuition Fee Waiver for Veterans’ Dependents waives mandatory system-wide tuition and fees at any State of California Community College, California State University, or University of California campus. This program does not cover expenses like books, housing and parking. To be eligible, the student must:
- Have a parent who is a disabled veteran (0% or more disabled); or
- Have a spouse who is service-connected (S/C) deceased or rated 100% S/C disabled.
- Be a child earning less than $11,945 per year (student’s income, not parents’). Note: there is no income limit for a spouse or children of S/C deceased or 100% S/C disabled veterans.
- Attend a California Community College, California State University, or a University of California school.
- The student must meet the in-state residency requirements as determined by the school
- Provide proof of the student’s relationship to the veteran such as a copy of a birth or marriage certificate.
To obtain complete eligibility requirements and assistance in applying for these valuable benefits, please contact your local County Veterans Service Office or your school's veterans office.
California Department of Veterans Affairs
Division of Veterans Services
1227 O Street, Suite 105
Sacramento CA 95814
Phone: (916) 653-2573
PDF booklets and Forms:
2012 California Veteran’s Resource Book (Page 129)
You may also download an application form to fill out. When the form is completed, contact your nearest County Veterans Service Office (CVSO).