Skip to Main Content
  • Recent
Home Protection Coverage

​All CalVet contract properties are covered under a master policy for the Disaster Indemnity program that provides coverage for flood and earthquake. Additionally, all homes (excluding manufactured housing or structures covered by blanket policies such as condominiums or PUD's) are covered under the Fire and Hazard program.

Our Home Protection Brochure and current Form A, Form B, Form C and Form D are available online! Annually during the 4th quarter of the year (November/December) CalVet Home Loans mails all CalVet contract holders a copy of their updated brochure and their applicable Form (see the resource tab to determine which form(s) may apply to your home).

To file a property claim, please refer to How To Submit A Claim.

​Disaster Indemnity Coverage is mandatory on all approved structures funded under an active CalVet Home Loan.  It indemnifies against losses as a result of Earthquake or Flood.  The deductible for a covered Flood loss is $500.00 per occurrence.  The deductible for covered Earthquake loss is $500.00, or 5% of the loss, whichever is greater.

Fire & Hazard Coverage is mandatory on all approved structures funded under an active CalVet Home Loan.  It provides coverage against loss as a result of fire, wind, hail, frost, burst pipes, etc.  It provides Guaranteed Replacement Coverage on the primary structure including Building Code Upgrades and a Housing Allowance during the reconstruction process.  The deductible for a covered Fire & Hazard loss is $250.00 per occurrence.

Excluded from Fire & Hazard Coverage are all manufactured homes on land or in a park, PUDs, Condominiums, and any structure covered under a blanket Fire & Hazard policy which is paid through your Home Owner's Association Dues.



CalVet Home Loans
Home Protection Unit
1227 O Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
866-421-6978 (Toll Free)
916-503-8355 (Direct)

Current Customers Card
Family holding a sold sign in front of a House

Home Protection Coverage