Skip to Main Content
How do I file for a disability claim?

The disability claim process begins a claim is filed, either formally or informally. If a veteran has never filed a disability claim with the VA, we recommend that they file a Fully Developed Claim (on a VA Form 21-526EZ or 21-527EZ) when possible.  If not eligible, they must complete and submit a VA Form 21-526, Veteran's Application for Compensation or Pension.

It his highly recommended that the veteran complete the form with the assistance of a veteran service representative. A County Veterans Service Office can assist in obtaining compensation benefits at no cost.

Disability Compensation; Disability Rating; Agent Orange; Dependent and Indemnity Compensation; Depleted Uranium; Hearing Loss and Tinnitus; Incarcerated Veterans; Mental Health; Military Sexual Trauma (MST); Presumptive Health Conditions; Returning Service Members (OIF/OEF/OND); Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI); Claims Representation
Veteran Services Benefits - FAQ

How do I file for a disability claim?