Skip to Main Content
How do I get a veteran's ID card?

There is no universally recognized veteran ID card issued by our department or by the VA.

If you are on active duty, or served 20 years and retired from the military, you are issued a military ID card by the VA.

If you are enrolled in veteran health care they provide a laminated card that many businesses recognize. Your local VA Healthcare facility will issue ID cards to veterans that are enrolled in Healthcare benefits.

Also, some Veteran Service Organizations and County Veterans Service Offices issue member ID cards.​

Healthcare Services; Veteran Affairs Medical Facilities; Covered California
Veteran Services Benefits - FAQ

How do I get a veteran's ID card?