Skip to Main Content
How do I qualify for the College Fee Waiver Program?

​You must be the dependent of an eligible disabled veteran with a service connected disability rating of 0% or higher. Some other qualifications are required under specific plans. You must include with your application proof of dependency (i.e. birth certificate, adoption records, marriage certificate), proof of service connected disability and proof of income. Proof of income is not required for dependents of 100% service-connected disabled veteran dependents under Plan A.

To apply, contact the local County Veterans Service Office or the Admissions Office of any California college system campus. For more information about the college fee tuition waiver and to download an application, go to the County Veteran Service Office website​.

College Fee Waiver; CA Community Colleges; Comparison of GI Bill Benefits; Montgomery GI Bill, Chapter 30; Post-9/11 GI Bill, Chapter 33
Veteran Services Benefits - FAQ

How do I qualify for the College Fee Waiver Program?