Skip to Main Content
How can I get a copy of my discharge document (DD214)?

Veterans or their next of kin who need assistance in obtaining service records, a DD 214, or replacement awards and medals must formally request them through the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC). The NPRC is the records custodian for most discharged and retired members of all branches of service. The fastest way to obtain a copy is through the NPRC website. Expect a two to three week wait to receive requested records.

Records can also be requested by mailing or faxing a Standard Form (SF) 180, Request Pertaining to Military Records to:

The National Personnel Records Center
1 Archives Drive
St. Louis, MO 63138
(314) 801-9195 (F)

College Fee Waiver; Dependent and Indemnity Compensation; Depleted Uranium; Disability Compensation; Disability Rating; Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (DVBE) Program; Healthcare Services; Hearing Loss and Tinnitus; Homeless Veterans Outreach & Awareness; Housing & Supportive Services; Incarcerated Veterans; Legal Assistance; Military Records; Montgomery GI Bill, Chapter 30; Pension; Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD); Post-9/11 GI Bill, Chapter 33; Post-Vietnam Era Veterans Education Assistance Program (VEAP); Re-entry Veteran Benefits; Returning Service Members (OIF/OEF/OND); Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI); Tuition Fee Waiver for Dependents of Service-Connected Disabled Veterans; Veteran Business Ownership; Veterans Treatment Courts; Veteran Homes; Covered California
Veteran Services Benefits - FAQ

How can I get a copy of my discharge document (DD214)?