Skip to Main Content
Veterans Tax Benefits

Business License, Tax and Fee Waiver

The Business License, Tax, and Fee Waiver benefit waives municipal, county, and state business license fees, taxes, and fees for veterans who hawk, peddle, or vend any goods, wares, or merchandise owned by the veteran, except spirituous, malt, vinous, or other intoxicating liquor, including sales from a fixed location.

Property Tax Exemptions

California has two separate property tax exemptions: one for veterans and one for disabled veterans. 

Itinerant Veteran Vendor

If you are a qualified itinerant veteran vendor, you are the consumer of items owned and sold, except alcoholic beverages or items sold for more than $100, and you are not required to hold a seller’s permit. Instead, you must pay sales tax on your purchases of all taxable items that you intend to sell.​

Nonprofit Veterans' Organization

If you are a nonprofit veterans’ organization that makes sales of merchandise or goods, you are required to register for a seller’s permit. Generally, items you sell are taxable.

HCD Fee and Tax Waiver Program

Effective January 1, 2017 through December 31, 2019, owners of mobile homes and manufactured homes who are currently not the registered owner on record are eligible to apply for registration or conditional registration with a fee and tax waiver from the Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD). 



Veteran Services Benefits - Card

Veterans Tax Benefits